Please view our BHS payment options.
For many years, students have benefited from the additional financial resources provided through voluntary financial contributions from parents / carers and other citizens. These contributions have assisted the school to conduct additional programs and activities and purchase educational materials.
The School Board has suggested that the following contributions will directly support the educational programs provided by the school. Voluntary contributions may be made in full, in part or by instalments.
Section 27 of the Education Act 2004 however clearly states that
- each contribution must be voluntary,
- a child is not to be refused benefits or services because the child's parents do not make a contribution,
- a child is not harassed for contributions,
- any record of contributions is confidential.
The school may offer or facilitate some specific optional items, activities and services for which parents may be required to pay if they want their child to access them. These are included in the Department of Education and Training's Statement on Requesting Financial Contributions from Parents.
Schedule One -
- All international excursions
- Camps and excursions that are not essential to, but enrich, curriculum outcomes
- All school trips conducted during school holidays
- Hire / lease of musical instruments which involves use outside of the school environment
- Academic competitions
- High level sporting competitions (eg state representation, interstate competitions)
- Activities provided by external providers that are not essential to, but enrich, curriculum outcomes
- Attendance at public performances of school productions outside of school hours
- Graduation dinners / formals
- Hire of school lockers
- End of year school magazine / year book / memorabilia
- Class and individual photos
- Religious instruction materials
- Canteen service
- Internet access for recreational and non-school use
- Private tutoring
- Water safety and swimming programs
- School uniforms (including sporting and band uniforms)
[Department of Education and Training]
General Contributions - $120
Belconnen High School has a Voluntary Contribution rate of $120 for one child and $80 for siblings.
Textbook Hire Fee - $80 (for 4 years)
A Textbook Hire Fee is requested to cover the hiring of textbooks.
Note: If textbooks are damaged or lost a replacement cost may be requested.
Student ID Card - $5
A school ID card is provided during Term 1 after the school photographs are taken. This ID card will be current for Years 7 & 8. A new ID card will be required for Years 9 & 10.
Subject Consumable Costs
(These materials are bought in bulk by the school to save families the very high costs of buying them eg wood, paints, thread etc.)
It is customary for the school to request a financial contribution towards meeting the cost of the above items. The school has made every effort to keep costs at a reasonable level. We have an equity fund which can be used to provide financial assistance for students where parents/carers are unable to make the requested financial contribution. If however there is insufficient total funding available to meet the costs we may need to modify some activities.
Please click here to view the BHS Elective Subject Consumable Costs.