High School Readiness Presentation
Prospective Year 7 students and their families recently attended the Year 7 Parent Transition evening. The presentation 'High School Readiness' can be viewed here.
Including information on:
- Google Classroom;
- Education Perfect;
- Google Calendar;
- Year 7 IT Crash Course;
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel;
- Belconnen High School IT Help Desk;
- Communicating with Parents.
Google Classrooms for home-based learning
Chromebook Device Allocation to Secondary Students
The devices are distributed to all Belconnen High School Students who've returned a Chromebook Acceptance form to the Front Office.
It is expected that all students bring their fully charged device to school every day.
Chromebook Acceptance forms are available from the Front Office.
Lockers are available for hire by completing a LOCKER HIRE conditions form and returning it to the Front Office along with payment for processing before a locker will be allocated.
Positive Behaviours Learning
Positive Behaviour for Learning, known as PBL is an evidence based whole school systems approach. At Belconnen High this looks like:
- Consistent behaviour expectations created in consultation with all stakeholders including students, staff and community members
- Consistent language and approaches to support positive behaviour choices
- Explicit lessons used to teach behaviour expectations with opportunities to practise appropriate behaviours in classroom and on the playground
- Informed in our school by our underpinning wellbeing approaches including Social and Emotional Learning during our CARE program and school values.
PBL Whole School Expectations
Our overarching whole school expectations are:
We are Respectful
We are Responsible
We are Learners
These expectations apply in all settings across the school and form the basis of our student management systems.
Where are we up to with PBL?
Staff and students have been working hard on the school’s behaviour matrix. The Behaviour Matrix is the central framework for the teaching of expected behaviours in all non-classroom settings. Once our matrix is finalised these behaviours will be taught explicitly to all students and staff.
We would like your feedback on our matrix. Use the below link to access the draft behaviour matrix and email any feedback or questions to Belinda.email@example.com.